Thanks Karen,

                     It does look interesting. It’s different from the “Camera Lucida” app, in that the paper is shown in front of the iPad. So you don’t need a stand or a supported sheet of acrylic above your drawing. I’m not sure that’s worth the extra $75 though!

Cheers,

Geoff

From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Karen Ackoff
Sent: Thursday, 2 April 2015 6:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SCIART] camera lucida

https://www.playosmo.com/en/

This looks quite interesting… a slightly new take on the camera lucida with the Masterpiece app. Actually marketed as part of a gaming package for iPads, although there is the usual claim that it will make anyone into an artist. As with other camera lucida type devices, it is not an end all, but it does look like it has some possibilities. I wish the Masterpiece app was available separately, as the package is $80.

But thought I'd mention it here in the event someone might be interested.