I was trying to set up a new  location to install the packages and when I checked it (in install_foreach.Rout), the libPath has not been changed as highlighted in the output. I am using the install_foreach.R program given in Chris’ website.
> # Install foreach package
> #Create new location for packages
> .libPaths(new = "/work/stattools/dpathak/packages")
> .libPaths() #Check to see it is #1 in the search path
[1] "/util/opt/R/3.1.1/gcc/4.4.7/lib64/R/library"

Any help/ suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dola

P.S I also tried to type in the .libPaths in Putty itself but it gives me an error:
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `new'