Amoris is the genitive of 'love' ,  arce is apparently a noun meaning
citadel or castle (although it is a form of a verb meaning to enclose or
keep out, summotus is a verb meaning to remove or expel.

So I guess the best translation is "citadel (castle) deprived of love"

Voila.  (Not latin.)  :)

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 7:56 PM, Deb Haines <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Sounds like a version of 'Spin the Bottle'  lol...
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
> ------------------------------
>   *From*:"Karen Ackoff" <[log in to unmask]>
> *Date*:Wed, May 6, 2015 at 6:57 PM
> *Subject*:[SCIART] Fwd: [SCIART] Latin
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> *From:* Karen Ackoff <[log in to unmask]>
> *Date:* May 6, 2015 at 5:55:54 PM CDT
> *To:* SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- <
> *Subject:* *Re: [SCIART] Latin*
>
> The Seige of the Castle of Love
>
> amoris arce summotus
>

> This was a festival game played at
>
> town pageants/festivals in medieval
>
> times.

> On May 6, 2015, at 5:28 PM, Bruce Bartrug <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Studied Latin in high school for four years and have a Latin dictionary.
> Can't promise anything, but what's the phrase?
>

> On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 3:12 PM, Karen Ackoff <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know Latin? I need a non-scientific phrase translated. I did
>> check Google Translate but want make sure it means what I want it to mean.
>> Pls email me off-list. Thx.

>> instructions at
>>

> --
> Bruce Bartrug
> Nobleboro, Maine, USA
> www.brucebartrug.com
>
> •The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but
> because of those who look on and do nothing.  - Albert Einstein
> •In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
> silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King

> instructions at

> instructions at

Bruce Bartrug
Nobleboro, Maine, USA