I know.  The verb is summoveo -movere -movi -motus, which is defined (which
you might imagine) as "to move up," or advance, remove, expel, drive away,
keep away, etc.  So it's use as a military ploy to capture a city or enemy
emplacement on a hill is easily derived.  "Summotus" is the perfect passive
participle of "summoveo."  "Arx" is a citadel or stronghold, arce is the
ablative tense.  Amoris is the genetive .... "of love."  If passive voice
in Latin is similar to Spanish, and if "se vende" translates to English as
"for sale", then the Latin phrase becomes something like, "The citadel of
love is (for, being, undergoing) attack."  I'm not certain, therefore, of
the definition I frequently discovered on line (The citadel is deprived of
love), except that the subject being in the ablative case (which I'm not
completely understanding) might indicate that usage wherein the passive
voice verb is reflected onto the subject.  Dunno.

Bruce Bartrug
Nobleboro, Maine, USA
www.brucebartrug.com

of our friends. -Martin Luther King