I want to thank everyone who responded. The little frog recovered and hopped off. I have since added plants and stones so anything that gets in my pond can get out. It's more of a big puddle really - I'm guessing about 100 gallons. But I like the sound of the small waterfall and am glad to know wildlife visits it.

Karen