Hello Jairo,

psychologically, this is called "rigidity". I have an article just
published, which partly deals with the issue. You can access it freely at
http://www.scirp.org/Journal/PaperInformation.aspx?PaperID=56169

It happens more often in science, not only with neoclassical economics. I
do a rigidity experiment with my students, where you can show that 70% of
people behave rigidly after 10 minutes introduction of training thoughts in
a specific direction, even after telling them that the experiment is about
rigidity. It is very difficult to escape. One needs training in
"meta-methodology" in order to keep oneself open to alternative ways of
thought. This of course is not part of the curriculum normally.

Best

Hayo

--
Hayo Siemsen, PhD