Our friends in the UK are hoping for more support from the academic community.   If you're inclined, you can join them in opposing the balanced budget madness by adding your name to their letter.

Stephanie

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Michael Lumpkin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: June 18, 2015 at 8:21:55 AM EDT
To: "Michael Lumpkin" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Thankyou for supporting Class' letter to the Guardian

Dear economist,

Thankyou for offering your support to the letter published in the Guardian on 13th June regarding concerns over the Chancellor’s plan to legislate budget surpluses during ‘normal times’. The proposals represent an alarming, but unfortunately unsurprising, development in the UK government’s ongoing austerity project and one that we at Class feel required a robust, public intervention.

We have uploaded the letter on our blog here: http://classonline.org.uk/blog/item/guardian-letter-in-response-to-chancellor-george-osbornes-mansion-house-spe but are keen to see the list of signatories expand. If you know of any colleagues that might also like to contribute their academic gravitas to the letter please get in contact.

Kind regards,

Michael

Michael Lumpkin
Project Support Officer
Class: Centre for Labour and Social Studies

E: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
T: 020 7611 2569
Tw: @classthinktank
W: www.classonline.org.uk