Dear Jairo,

I would add intellectual/institutional path-dependency within academia (http://jakob-kapeller.org/images/pubs/2009-DobKap-EvolutionofEconomics-JEI.pdf <http://jakob-kapeller.org/images/pubs/2009-DobKap-EvolutionofEconomics-JEI.pdf>) and citation-metrics-based research evaluation (http://jakob-kapeller.org/images/pubs/2010-Kapeller-CitMetrics-AJES.pdf <http://jakob-kapeller.org/images/pubs/2010-Kapeller-CitMetrics-AJES.pdf>) to the list of reasons for the absence of change in economics curricula.

Best,
Jakob

> Am 23.06.2015 um 22:34 schrieb Jairo Parada <[log in to unmask]>:
>
> Dear all,
> I hope all of you are doing well. I am working in a paper about the teaching of Economics in Colombia, and I would like to get some references about this question: Despite the financial crisis of 2008, most of Economics Department keep teaching only Neoclassical Economics. I would like to hear your opinions about the reason for that: Only vested interests?
>
> Best regards,
> Jairo
> Jairo J. Parada, PhD.
> Economist
> Barranquilla-Colombia
> Phone: 57-5-3557657
> Cell Phone: 311-650-0550
> twitter   #jparadacor
> http://www.uninorte.edu.co/web/jparadac <http://www.uninorte.edu.co/web/jparadac>

Dr. Jakob Kapeller

Department of Philosophy and Theory of Science
Johannes Kepler University Linz
Altenbergerstra├če 69, 4040 Linz
phone: +43/699/10979450
mail: [log in to unmask]