Hey all,

In addition to what has already been said, Phil Mirowski's recent book is exactly about this question and explains the intellectual ideas, think tanks, universities, individuals, etc that create, support, and perpetuate neoliberal ideas. Mirowski asserts not only that the economics profession failed to see the crisis coming but that neoliberalism is stronger after the crisis than it was before. Hence the title, Never let a Serious Crisis go to Waste."

Here's the link. There are a number of useful reviews there. The one from Protestantethic (no one I know) discussed the question of "rigidity" specifically.

http://www.amazon.com/Never-Serious-Crisis-Waste-Neoliberalism/dp/1781680795

Cheers!

R-

Sent from my iPhone