Call for book chapters: The Black Social Economy

This is a call for authors to do a chapter on 'The Black Social Economy: Diverse community economies in the United States, Canada, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean.'

We still need authors who can speak to diverse economies among the African diaspora in Europe, Brazil and the Spanish-speaking Caribbean and/or Latin America. We welcome a variety of disciplines but the authors must be engaged in community economies and the social economy of persons of African descent. We want stories about the ways the Black diaspora engages with the social economy and this range from informal groups, cooperatives, non-profits and other organizations in the third sector. Ideally the work should draw on contemporary examples. The final draft chapter is due July 2016.

We do need a 300 word abstract of the chapter and 200 word bio of the author by 20 July 2015.  Email the bio and abstract in English to [log in to unmask].