Thank you Lynette for sharing this article... It can definitely be directly
applied to artists as well. I think an especially astute point is made when
the author describes how those who make an argument for passion projects
(a.k.a free work) can do so out of privilege. They are in a situation that
permits them to work for free.
I too will be sharing this on my Facebook page. :)

A mentor of mine told me years ago as I was finishing up my graduate school
work, and wondering how to field offers to do free or nearly free work,
"... if you want to be a professional, then you must act like one. And that
means getting paid for the work you do."

*Cecelia Azhderian*
*CFA Illustration*
*www.cfaillustration.com <http://www.cfaillustration.com/>*