GNSI STORE

The latest *GNSI 2015 Journal, No.2 Issue
<https://gnsi.org/store/product/gnsi-journal-natural-science-illustration-2015-no2>*
is now available for download online *FREE* to members! The print
membership version is in the mail now.

This issue includes these great articles:

  * /*Editorial Scientific Illustration: a little bit of explanation,
    with a little bit of commentary*/
    Editorial illustration is a style practiced by a fair number of our
    members, and therefore worthy of equal celebration.
  * /*Do Viewers Understand Our Illustrations?*/
    Many of us create illustrations for outreach, figures for textbooks,
    or art for articles. We assume that viewers understand our work. But
    do they?
  * /*Member Spotlight*/
    Marlene Hill Donnelly: I am not a plumber. My extended professional
    artist family hoped I would take after my great grandfather, become
    a successful plumber and make a great living, but a different
    direction called.
  * /*A New Flowering: Botany Illustration Books Reviewed*/
    <https://gnsi.org/resources/botany-illustration-books-reviewed>
    The Art of Botanical Illustration by Wilfrid Blunt The Art of
    Botanical Illustration a History of the Classic Illustrators and
    Their Achievements, by Lys de Bray A New Flowering: 1000 Years of
    Botanical Art by Dr. Shirley Sherwood The Golden Age of Botanical
    Art by Martyn Rix Flora Illustrata: Great Works from the LuEsther T.
    Mertz Library of the New York Botanical Garden
  * /*Adventures in Self-Publishing*/
    Like many novice writers, i found getting a publisher to be a
    full-time job, involving a lot of frustration.
  * /*Chapter Happenings: Get Involved with your Local GNSI*/
    But by far the greatest amount of GNSI activity takes place through
    our Chapters (and one Group!).
  * /*2015 CONFERENCE OVERVIEW*/
      o *Camaraderie, Information, Geography, Networking, Inspiration!*
        <http://2015.conf.gnsi.org/overview/whats-so-great-about-attending/>
      o *The Auction Fairy!*
        <http://2015.conf.gnsi.org/events/gnsi-auction/>
      o *Housing, Meals, Getting around* <http://2015.conf.gnsi.org/travel/>