Gail,
Yes, I'll volunteer to work on the journal article. Off-list, perhaps you
could let me know what the next couple deadlines are. (It might take me
awhile).

To everyone else,
If you have an anecdote about participating in a contest, I'd love to hear
it. Off-list is fine if you'd prefer. (I could refrain from using your name
in the article if you request).
Also, if you know of any exploitative contests happening now, or that have
happened recently, it'd be good to have a short list of examples for the
article. Please let me know.

Thanks!

---
*Emily S. Damstra*