Additionally, look at John Ruskin’s book: The Elements of Drawing. Paperback on Amazon Smile.

More info about this artist, draftsman, critic…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ruskin

A friend recommended the book. Ruskin believes: “…drawing teaches you to learn to see…”

I have heard several comments at UGA, in the biology and botany classes, that students majoring in these fields should take some of the scientific illustration classes. When I had to draw plant parts in my plant taxonomy lab, my scientific illustration skills were a huge help.

Best, OC Carlisle
carlisleillustration.squarespace.com