Will,

You upside-down use of the scanner brings to mind a question.  How much depth can the scanner capture if you are trying to protect specimens from damage.

Britt Griswold

----- Original Message -----
From: Will Smith [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

We have an Epson Expression 10000XL A3 scanner mounted upside down so the specimens don't get damaged.  It produces excellent scans. We don't use Macs unless we're forced to but I'm sure it would work with one. I prefer to use this instead of our expensive graphic camera. It's a lot easier and more foolproof.

Will Smith