Had a summer job with USPS back in college. I did see this behavior on
occasion, but no gorillas jumping on packages. Back in the day of hand
sorting, bags were arrayed in rows with the sorter in front, tossing
packages into the correct bag. Sometimes they missed, but there was no way
to retrieve the misrouted package without disrupting the operation, so I
guess some things went on longer rides than they should have! - Barry

- So many mites, so little time!

Barry M. OConnor
Professor and Curator
Museum of Zoology