We stopped doing it long ago, as I observed first hand a postal person saying "oh, fragile" and then going a hook shot into the bin.

Mike

On 6/8/2015 4:42 PM, Derek Sikes wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
All,

This disturbing news recently crossed my desk:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/reviews/a6284/which-shipping-company-is-kindest-to-your-packages/?click=pp

"One disheartening result was that our package received more abuse when marked "Fragile" or "This Side Up." The carriers flipped the package more..."

Has anyone considered NOT marking boxes of specimens 'fragile' ???

-Derek

--

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Derek S. Sikes, Curator of Insects

phone: 907-474-6278
FAX: 907-474-5469

University of Alaska Museum  -  search 302,939 digitized arthropod records
http://www.uaf.edu/museum/collections/ento/
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Society and / or sign up for the email listserv "Alaska Entomological Network" at
http://www.akentsoc.org/contact.php

Michael A. Ivie, Ph.D., F.R.E.S.

Montana Entomology Collection
Marsh Labs, Room 50