I have been invited to write the introduction for a book and to be one of
the featured artists in this book.  Is it typical for neither role to
result in financial reimbursement?  No featured artist will receive payment
of any kind and my contribution of introduction will result only in my
"name being on the cover."  This is new territory for me and I wanted to
receive advice from the SciArt community as to whether or not I would be
perpetuating a regrettable practice were I to accept.  Need I ask if the
artists' works will be copyright protected?

many thanks,
barrett

barrett klein
Department of Biology