I've bookmarked a couple of additional articles on the topic that may be of
interest:

A children's book illustrator takes issue with the graphicpolicy.com
article that Catherine shared:
http://willterry.blogspot.com/2015/07/your-copyrights-are-about-to-change.html

A 'creative business' attorney's different take on the orphan works
proposal; interesting discussion in the comments:
http://www.workmadeforhire.net/the-rest/whats-this-orphan-works-business-about/

I agree with Gail & others, there's nothing wrong with expressing strong
opinions about this. Whatever one's take on the report, it proposes
sweeping changes while being less than clear about a lot of the details.

-Matt Celeskey