Hi, Catherine,
Thanks for sharing this, it's interesting and informative. However, I
don't think any of us need to be embarrassed, and in fact I still don't
think there's anything to be embarrassed about. It was clear to me from
the start that there was no legislation actually pending, but I don't
see the Copyright Office asking for input like this unless proposals
were being seriously considered.

This article is interesting in that it clarifies the process more, but I
also see quite a bit of language that still makes it easy and comfy for
"infringers" to claim they did due diligence. There's a lot of fuzziness
there, and the fuzziness does not benefit us in the least. I see no harm
in slamming the Copyright Office with our very strong opinions on the
subject, especially as we had so short a time to comment on it.

Gail

On 7/27/15 9:51 AM, Catherine Wilson wrote:
> Much like posting an urban legend and getting a link to snopes.com
> <http://snopes.com>. I received this recently.
> http://graphicpolicy.com/2015/07/20/dont-believe-the-hyperbole-theres-no-orphan-works-law-before-congress/
>
> I'm bit embarrassed after getting so worked up. I would dearly love
> the opinions of GNIS members on this.
>

> --
> Cat Wilson
> Design . Illustration . Art