From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Linda Feltner
Sent: Wednesday, 15 July 2015 3:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SCIART] PNG files for Web

HI All:

I'm saving an image file for a web page. It may be used full size (7x7") and as a small logo.

The artist created it for printing on a sign, and now I'm configuring the image for further usage to the client.

For the web, I'm making RGB, reducing the file from 7x7" @ 300ppi, to 3x3". I shall reduce it to 150ppi, or maybe even 72ppi.  I want it to look good but not slow down the screen loading.

It has a transparent background so can't save as a JPEG for web. Using Photoshp CS5, "Saving for Web and Devices." as a PNG file.  Do I choose PNG-8 or PNG-24?

I don't normally prepare for web, so I appreciate your thoughts.

Very best!

Linda

Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325
Hereford, AZ 85615

This E-Mail is intended only for the addressee. Its use is limited to that intended by the author at the time and it is not to be distributed without the author's consent. Unless otherwise stated, the State of Queensland accepts no liability for the contents of this E-Mail except where subsequently confirmed in writing. The opinions expressed in this E-Mail are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the State of Queensland. This E-Mail is confidential and may be subject to a claim of legal privilege. If you have received this E-Mail in error, please notify the author and delete this message immediately.