I have been invited to write the introduction for a book and to be one of the featured artists in this book.  Is it typical for neither role to result in financial reimbursement?  No featured artist will receive payment of any kind and my contribution of introduction will result only in my "name being on the cover."  This is new territory for me and I wanted to receive advice from the SciArt community as to whether or not I would be perpetuating a regrettable practice were I to accept.  Need I ask if the artists' works will be copyright protected?

many thanks,
barrett

barrett klein
Department of Biology