In any other circumstance, would you donate your work for this cause? If so, that's a consideration.

Are the publishers making money off the book? Where is that money going? Why are the artists and writers not getting royalties?

Yes, I'd ask about copyright protection. Yes, it's probably perpetuating a regrettable practice of people expecting artists to pay their rent with pro-bono 'vanity' work.

Just my two cents,

Kathy G