Ditch the lights and go LED. Then rethink your power source.

Mike

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 12:52 PM, Christopher Carlton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Many different configurations of these powerpacks are available with features like jump starters, and air pumps being typical. AC inverter equipped models such as the one under consideration are less common and more expensive. Battery size and amperage from the inverter are the critical elements for AC operation. Check the specs for battery amps and maximum output, in addition to run time under various loads.

Another thing to think about before buying an expensive inverter power pack is this. Infrequent use and chronic undercharge will kill the battery sooner. Battery life under optimal conditions might be a couple years if you keep it charged. Investigate how easy or even feasible it is to replace the battery.

Might be cheaper to just lug around a big marine battery and separate inverter you can clip to it.

Chris Carlton, Ph. D.

Director, Louisiana State Arthropod Museum

President, Coleopterists Society

Department of Entomology, LSB-404

110 Union Sq., Baton Rouge, LA 70803-1710