Thanks all for your quick responses. Anthony provided me with exactly what I needed. Thanks again!
Andy

On Jul 22, 2015, at 1:56 PM, Menard, Katrina L. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Andy,
  I suggest you talk with your research and grants office about it; talking with ours they told us our institution considers it equipment and storage like the other CSBR/IMLS grants we've gotten, so it doesn't get overhead. Its likely your institution has had other grants apply to NSF/NIH/etc. for large equipment/library storage, so I would see what they have done in the past for the classification of those too.
  Katrina
Sam Noble Museum
Dr. Katrina Menard
Assistant Staff Curator of Recent Invertebrates
t. 405.325.6810
f. 405.325.7699
Sam Noble Museum
University of Oklahoma
2401 Chautauqua Ave. Norman, OK 73072-7029
Link10   Link11   Link12   Link13   Link14   Link15   Link16   Link17   Link18   Link19
Link20   Link21   Link22   Link23   Link24   Link25   Link26   Link27   Link28    Link29

From: Entomological Collections Network Listserve <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Anthony Cognato <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 12:50 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: overhead question

Hi Andy - If your question concerns a NSF-CSBR budget, then you could argue that cabinets, drawers and trays are all pieces of a storage system. The NSF guidelines (NSF15577) state,

"Specialized items that are components of a larger system (e.g. specimen cabinets and compactors) are considered as equipment under the CSBR program guidelines.".

The devil is in the interpretation of "larger system" by the institution.  Perhaps it would help to get vendor quotes for a "specimen storage system" including cabinets, drawers and trays.  However, I know that might be difficult.

Sincerely,
Anthony