well, you do look kinda suspiciously SCI-ARTY! haha. It's interesting that that fellow pegged you so well!

Gail

Gail Guth
Guth Illustration & Design
www.guthillustration.com

On Aug 19, 2015, at 8:31 PM, Gretchen Halpert <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Definitely, Gail!

Wait. Shoot. When I paint with oils, I do wear something smock-like and hold a palette...no  tilted beret, but maybe a hat if it's cold...I'm an artist!

Another short story:
I was squeezing past two passengers to get to my window seat on a flight south. They talked quietly between themselves, then the man blurted out, "I'm confused. I cannot tell if you're an artist or a scientist!" "Both!", I replied.  "I'm a scientific illustrator with training in the arts and sciences." He was so pleased with himself for having pegged me. The woman asked how he even thought of those two fields. He looked incredulous, "Just LOOK at her!"

I'm not sure what scientific illustrators look like, Gail, but obviously some people do.

-G

www.gretchenhalpert.com