OH, thank you, Chris.
No, never can say I'm an html gal... more comfortable with CSS. But..... there's so much of that I do not want to know about. Leave that to the professionals. Like so many things, I know just enough to get me into trouble.

1. My best advice to anyone (who is not a capable web designer) is to find a theme that functions best for them.
I read so many frustrating threads on knowledgebase forums of people trying to make their theme do things they were not designed to do. Find one that functions the way you want, first.

Then, add a few things that make it look unique to the artist.

Then upload projects. I thought I'd add the Top Ten projects in each category. Start there, work out the kinks, and then you're up and running!

2. My second best advice before any work begins. MAKE A CHILD THEME. Do nothing to the theme without making all your adjustments on a child theme.

Thank you, again, and best wishes for your upcoming adventure. Let us know how it goes!
Cheers,
Linda

Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325