Mirroring is one of the functions of a RAID array. You can use any number of utility apps to clone a given drive that is not part of a RAID array. But RAID basically duplicates or mirrors the file as I save it. There are no scheduled synchronizations. I had to restore the mirror once... Due to a power outage, and it was a piece of cake. I decided on a RAID after long discussions with my user group. I could make a RAID myself from 2 large drives. Much cheaper than buying one already configured. Initial setup took about 10 days of writing files.

From my iPhone.