Well said, Barry! and congratulations Linda!!

gail

On 8/17/15 9:59 AM, Barry K. MacKay wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

This is great and do I every wish we saw a few more articles on the subject written this well.

The art-snobs too often refuse to acknowledge animals or plants as fit subjects unless incidental to something else, and as for scientific illustration, it’s often looked on, if at all, with disdain, and yet I believe (and you demonstrate) that some of the best contemporary art is being done by the so-called “illustrators” and “wildlife artists”, not the guys who paint white canvases or glue black urinals to boards.   It is not that I care about people valuing such stuff if they want, but can’t the tent be large enough to include talent, skill and dedication such as we see from members of this list.

Anyway, very well done; you know I’m your fan.

Cheers,

Barry

Barry Kent MacKay

Bird Artist, Illustrator