In our local newspaper's crossword this past week, "illustrations" was a clue for the answer, "art."  A few still know.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 8:59 PM, Barry K. MacKay <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Exactly.

In the  Art Gallery of Ontario and the National Art Gallery, featuring between them most of the greatest and best known of Canadian art, you can’t find in their well-stocked gift shop book shelves a single book on any Canadian painter of wildlife, let alone a scientific illustrator.

From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bruce Bartrug
Sent: August-17-15 8:54 PM

To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] In the News! Linda Feltner

I'm not a snob, and do appreciate Linda's excellent work.  I've said it before here......illustrators produce art work that's among the best.  Without wishing to denigrate anyone's taste in art, one only has to wonder through a few of today's art galleries to see the truth in that statement.  Those who sneer at quality illustrations, such as Linda's, really don't know art at all.