Hi: I'm forwarding this e-mail with the idea some one might find it of interest
Best
Ann

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: Katie Sue Bigness <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Aug 18, 2015 9:22 AM
To: aitc-l <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Available Position: Agriculture Teacher at Spencer Van Etten

Superintendent, Dr. Joseph Morgan asked me to share the following announcement:

The Spencer Van Etten Central School District has the following positions available immediately:

Certified Agriculture Teacher

Salary: per SVETA CBA
Starting step range for 1 to 10 years’ experience: 1 year starts at $40,500 and 10 years start at $49,500 plus an additional $500 for a masters degree.

Applications are available at the District Office or at www.svecsd.org

Applications and Letter of Interest must be received in the District Office by Monday August 24th, 2015.

This is a NEW program in a very supportive school district that owns 100 acres which will be available for use as a land lab.  This is a farming community that has a very strong Farmland Protection Plan that clearly articulated the need and desire for secondary Ag Ed.   Dairy is an important economic driver, but Ag enterprises in the county are diverse.

The small rural school district includes communities in Tioga, Chemung, and Tompkins Counties (NY Southern Tier-bordering the Pennsylvania border.  Additionally, it is in close proximity to Cornell University.  The Tioga County Farmland Protection Plan clearly articulates the need for agricultural education in the county.  The SVE School District will be the only secondary school program of its kind in the region. The program will have the support of many stakeholder agencies and agriculture enterprises.

If you have any questions about the community, or stakeholder organizations, feel free to contact me via email.

--
Sincerely,

Michele L. Kline
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tioga County

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone
<[log in to unmask]><[log in to unmask]>

www.applesofnewyork.com