An easy one would be Marx and The Matrix.  I have used clips from this
film to great effect. Not sure what condensed version of his theory you
could
use, but most of the concepts are in the film.

On 9/17/2015 4:39 PM, Justin Elardo wrote:
> Dear AFEE Members,
>
> For several years I have toyed with the idea of creating a course that
> would introduce students to economic ideas and content through the use
> of fictional films.  This term I have an introduction to  economics as
> a social science type course with low enrollment.  A conventional
> lecture course seems less than ideal with a small group.  As a result,
> I am strongly considering a trial by fire Economics in Fictional Film
> class.
>
> Conceptually, I envision the course operating in such a manner that we
> view fictional films in class, I assign an reading from a thinker such
> as Veblen or Marx, and students are then asked to write short papers
> relating the theoretical content with the film content.  For example,
> the movie Pretty Woman (Julia Roberts, Richard Gere) could be shown
> with an associated reading content of Veblen's "The Barbarian Status
> of Women."  I have a list of other movies such as Office Space, Wall
> Street, Burn...and some reading ideas, but I am not sure I am
> satisfied as of yet.  I am in search of some more input.
>
> Does any AFEE member have thoughts or suggestions?  I would love to
> hear different ideas.
>
> Thank You,
>
> Justin A. Elardo, PhD
> Portland Community College

*Eric R. Hake*

***Professor, Economics
Department Chair, Business & Economics
Secretary-Treasurer, Association For Evolutionary Economics www.afee.net
Faculty Advisor, SMIF & Int'l Club *

CATAWBA COLLEGE*
*/Scholarship. Character.  Culture.  Service./

Ketner 212, 2300 W. Innes St. Salisbury, NC 28144-2441
704-637-4293
704-637-4491 (fax)