AFEE @ ASSA Conference - San Francisco January 3-5, 2016 (Sunday - Tuesday)

INSIDE INSTITUTIONS

Greetings AFEE Members and AFEE Program Participants,

Registration for the ASSA conference in San Francisco will begin Wednesday September 16th at 11 AM US Central Daylight Time (12:00pm noon on the East Coast of US, or 9:00 AM West Coast)

The conference hotel for AFEE sessions will be the San Francisco Marriott Marquis.

To register for the conference and hotel, go to https://conf.aeaweb.org

Registration for the conference the past several years has been very tight - especially for our hotel.  I'm hoping it will not be as hectic/bad as last year - when many people piled onto the site as soon as it opened and it crashed. By the time it stabilized, our conference hotel had been pretty much booked up.

You can pull up all the AFEE sessions in the preliminary program listed on the AEA web site at https://www.aeaweb.org/Annual_Meeting/index.php

The AFEE program and more information about AFEE events is also available at www.afee.net

http://afee.net/?page=conferences&side=afee_conference_program_2016
http://afee.net/content/media/AFEE-ANNUAL-CONFERENCE-PROGRAM-2016.pdf

We are currently putting the conference rooms and times into the AFEE program/brochure and should have an updated version posted soon at www.afee.net.  The AEA program has that information.

Please remember, at least one co-author for papers presented at the AFEE program should be a member of AFEE.  More information about AFEE membership is available on our website.  Please contact myself, [log in to unmask] or the association coordinator Teresa Rowell [log in to unmask] if you have any questions about membership.  Questions concerning the program should be directed to Deborah M. Figart, President Elect, [log in to unmask]

Information and announcements will be forthcoming about the upcoming AFEE elections, the Veblen-Commons Award & Luncheon, as well as the 2016 James H. Street and Clarence Ayres Scholars.

Reminder: The deadline for submitting conference papers to be considered for publication in the Journal of Economic Issues is December 14, 2015.  Please see other emails sent by Fatme May on this subject directly to all conference participants.

Sincerely,

Eric Hake

--

Eric R. Hake

Professor, Economics
Secretary-Treasurer, Association For Evolutionary Economics www.afee.net
Faculty Advisor, SMIF & Int'l Club

CATAWBA COLLEGE
Scholarship.  Character.  Culture.  Service.

Ketner 212, 2300 W. Innes St. Salisbury, NC 28144-2441
704-637-4293
704-637-4491 (fax)