Hey Y'all,

I'm thinking Kemp's book sounds on track for an intro macro book.  The Froyen book is intermediate as I recall.

I'm teaching intermediate macro this semester and decided to go with Wallace Peterson's last edition (from 1996).  The very nice feature of this book is that he states that he isn't sure what is going to come of the new classical/new keynesian drift, explains the original Keynesian criticism of classical positions and why the new research is likely not the best way forward.

I am pairing this in the class with the Martin Wolf Book, The shifts and the shocks.  Wolf's book shows that Peterson was right, way back in 1996.  Wolf explains his originally sympathetic view towards deregulation, the great moderation, globalization of finance, and then says that 2007 (and 1999) created a crisis of faith for him, and he now believes we must accept models which actually allow for the possibility of economic collapse.  Comparing Austrian and Post-Keynesian interpretations of the crisis, he comes down on the side of Hyman Minsky and Keynes.

I'm enjoying the overlap.

Eric