Sullivan's Travels

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 17, 2015, at 2:09 PM, Dell Champlin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi, Justin,

Great idea.

I once used "It happened one night" in a course about the Great Depression.  In case you're not familiar with it, it's a Frank Capra film with Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert.  It's quite upbeat as most Frank Capra films are, but you can see signs of the Depression in the background.   You could also show the John Ford film, How Green was my Valley, about coal miners.

Not as perky as Pretty Woman, but less irritating.

Dell

Sent from my iPad