Justin,

   What a wonderful list.  I will keep it.  There is, however, a classic that is missing:  “The Wizard of Oz” is a wonderful allegory –gold standard versus free silver movement.  William Jennings Bryan and the “cross of Gold” speech play a central role.  See: Hugh Rockoff’s “The Wizard of Oz as Monetary Allegory” in the JPE for more explanation.  https://www.unc.edu/~salemi/Econ006/Rockoff.pdf

Jim Peach

Regents Professor and

Faculty Athletics Representative to the NCAA

Department of Economics, Applied Statistics, and International Business

New Mexico State University

P. O. Box 30001/MSC 3CQ

Las Cruces, New Mexico 88003

Phone: 575-646-3113