Hello from one of your avid lurkers - -  I have a question on behalf of a photographer friend, who has a student doing a project involving biological specimens. I'm not familiar with the project, but the student is looking for low-cost sources for specimens he/she can photograph on a light stand. I think marine specimens are of interest, but other animals too - worms, mice, anything.

The question is how to source these things inexpensively in the San Francisco Bay Area where things are decidedly NOT in that category : )   I've suggested the student approach the California Academy of Sciences for loaner items, and zoos, biology departments, natural history stores, etc.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Where does a student find cheap squishy things in jars?

Thanks!

wendy

Wendy Hiller Gee, CMI, FAMI
Director, Medical Illustration
Krames StayWell
280 Utah A
venue, South San Francisco, CA  94080
P 650.244.4320
F 650.244.4345
[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]

kramesstaywell.com