Thanks, Isadora.  Are these going to be discussed at the Financial Committee
meeting tomorrow, Oct. 28?   Theron is planning to be there.

--Gwyneth

From: Historical Recreation in Mag Mor [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Eric & Opal Doerr
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2015 5:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MAGMOR] Site searches -- WWM, Fight Practice

Hi, all.
I've looked into a couple of sites for discussion/consideration:

*	For Winter War Maneuvers on Jan. 16, 2016:  Lancaster Co. Event
Center, the Lincoln Room

*	Dimensions: 86 x 200 ft or 17,200 square feet, with a 25 ft high
ceiling
*	Concrete floor (not polished, just regular concrete)
*	Available from 7 am to midnight... I've told them approximately 7 am
to 7 pm would likely suffice
*	We'd have to devise a privy chamber....  maybe a Viking tent or a
yurt?
*	Access to as many as 64 tables (I'm guessing we MIGHT need 10) and
520 chairs (might need 100- 150)
*	They do charge for $6 for 3 gallons of water, which is provided in
their water coolers.  However, they've agreed to let us have access to their
tap water to use in our coolers for mixing Gatorade.
*	Cost is $1,298 (plus $6 x the number of plain water coolers we need
-- probably at least a couple?)
*	They run a concession stand (burgers, hot dogs, chips, etc) that
they say they will keep open for as long as we want.  Maybe it would work
best if we could identify a 2 hour period??
*	Hmm. Forgot to ask about clean up.  If we decide to go with this
site, that should be something checked.
*	We should let them know as soon as possible.  We are "penciled in"
which means if someone else wants to rent the space, LCEC staff will phone
us to see if we still want it.

*	For Fighter Practice on 2nd and 4th Tuesdays:  Easterday Recreation
Center, located at about 63rd & Adams Street

*	Available after 6:30 pm on Tuesdays.  I'd estimated for 2 hours.
*	For the gym only, the initial cost would be $46/hour.  After a
couple of times, during which building staff trains two City employees
(Callaghan and me) to close/lock up the facility, the cost would go down to
$37/hour.
*	The gym is a nice size (not a full basketball court but more than a
half court) and has a cushioned floor... kind of rubbery --- it was a good
surface for fighting when we last used this site.... maybe 20 years ago?
*	There's paperwork to fill out and they ask for the fee 1 to 4 weeks
in advance. Kerry, the center director, says 1 week in advance is fine.
*	There's plenty of free parking
*	It's in northeast Lincoln -- closer for Omaha folk, farther for MM
folk northwest and southwest of Lincoln.
*	I made zero commitments on this one, thinking cost might be
problematic.

-- YIS, Isadora

lists do not accept incoming email from Yahoo.com, AOL.com or Dropbox.com
due to thier DMARC policies.