Concepts are not copyrightable. Beyond that you are potentially in trouble. There is a long
tradition in science literature of creating new art that can be pretty slavish replication, and as
long as you give credit to the source ("after ------- (author/artist) there is not problem because
the artist normally has given up all rights to the art to the scientist. This is not ideal in this
day and age, and this tradition does not extend into other types of publication.

Britt