Dear GNSI artists,I would like to ask for some advice please, regarding usage rights for images I created for an Australian novel. (I am very new to the publishing world and don't know the standard treatment for such things)The author is very well known, 4 times Miles Franklin winner and Booker Prize nominee, listed in the "100 most influential Australians" Previous book 2009 was a best-seller.
I have been paid by the Aust publishers for this artwork.I have been approached by an international publisher for permission to use these same images for the same title.They are requesting usage rights for....Lifetime sales non-exclusive Worldwide English Language (excluding USA Canada Aust)(print + ebook): 5000 hardback, 3500 paperback + 1000 ebook
Does anyone know what the industry standard is for such a request ?Is it reasonable to ask for the same fee as I was paid by Aust publisher ?Would it be more reasonable to ask for 50% of what I was paid by Aust publisher ?Is it expected that I forfeit any extra fee altogether ?
thanks so much in advanceI am very grateful for the opportunity to ask professional artists for opinions and advicebest regards,Mali

Mali Moir - Artist Melbourne AustraliaT: 0422 575 034  E: [log in to unmask]   www.Championanimals.com.au