I use an Intuos 3 and 4, and two versions of Cintiq, also by Wacom.  Some will tell you that if you work on a Cintiq you can never work on an Intuos, because using a Cintiq means drawing directly on a screen/tablet and not having to watch a screen while drawing on a separate tablet.  I find that to be untrue for me.  Each serves its (excellent) purpose, with Intuos being an especially versatile, affordable, portable tool.  I purchased one inexpensively through eBay and have been quite happy with it.

cheers,
barrett

barrett klein
Department of Biology