As you all might know (I wrote about it regularly over the years), I still have the old wacom cintiq 21' I bought end 2006. It is very robust and even survived an almost burn-in of its screen last summer. I also have a cintiq 12' and although that one is as easy to use as the big screen, I do prefer the larger one for regular work. It works as a drawing board and when I started with it, it completely revolutionized my workflow.

As far as I know, because of its robustness, there should be second hand cintiqs out there. That should lower the price.
Drivers are updated regularly, so my cintiqs work a whole lot better now than they did back in 2006.

My big dream is to have the new cintiq companion 2, the largest version. then I can work anywhere.

Mieke

Mieke Roth
Science illustrator
http://miekeroth.com
+31 (0) 6 37 28 08 99

Op 17 okt. 2015 om 02:37 heeft barrett klein <[log in to unmask]> het volgende geschreven:

I use an Intuos 3 and 4, and two versions of Cintiq, also by Wacom.  Some will tell you that if you work on a Cintiq you can never work on an Intuos, because using a Cintiq means drawing directly on a screen/tablet and not having to watch a screen while drawing on a separate tablet.  I find that to be untrue for me.  Each serves its (excellent) purpose, with Intuos being an especially versatile, affordable, portable tool.  I purchased one inexpensively through eBay and have been quite happy with it.

cheers,
barrett

barrett klein
Department of Biology