Hi Britt,
Thank you for your reply and sorry for my slow response, it seems difficult to get details of the Aust print run and seems like it must be a sensitive area .....

I have found out that the publisher I produced art work for has rights only for Australia and NZ (not USA and CAN)
It has been suggested that the UK publishers print run is much smaller than Aust publishers.
It has also been explained that the treatment of rights for this title is a little different to the average arrangement and so my Aust publishers are hard pressed to advise me regarding my expanded use fee.

Might you be suggesting that if the print run was say, 50% of the Aust print run, that my expanded use fee may also be 50% of original fee ??
Would this type of calculation be fair and reasonable ?

It was suggested I contact the Australian Society of Authors fee schedule.

thank you very much for all your help and advice
best regards,
Mali

Mali Moir - Artist Melbourne Australia
T: 0422 575 034  E: mali_moir@hotmail.com