From: James Stephan <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 2:13 PM
Subject: Karl H stephan
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

I am the cub master for troop 26 and also Karl's youngest child. I am doing
a Pack mtg on bugs and insects and pets, all gods creatures. I was doing
some research on my father and was astounded by his body of work. All I
remember was he always had a vial on him, collecting creepy crawlies was
his thing and he often went on "bug walks" with the dogs in tow. I never
went because he was too slow and always shaking or beating a bush or
looking under rocks and logs and stuff. I remember the black light and the
sheets and him popping out to check what was new during the commercials
while he watched "Dallas". Even his bugs could not pull him away for seeing
what JR was up to. I wanted to thank you for all the kind words and
preserving his life's work that your community has done for him. He rarely
talked about his discoveries or findings with us kids, guess we rolled our
eyes and looked bored when he did. I am glad he found others like him to
share and be excited with and about beetles. I am most excited to see all
the specimens he collected have found good homes and can teach future "Bug
people".  I would say this, it was never a hobby it was an obsession that
bordered on compulsive to the point that beetles were as much a part of him
as he was himself. Do what you love and you will never work a day in your
life, I know he was not the first to say that but he was the first to say
it to me.

Thanks James Stephan 214-280-6344