From: James Stephan <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 2:13 PM
Subject: Karl H stephan
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

I am the cub master for troop 26 and also Karl's youngest child. I am doing a Pack mtg on bugs and insects and pets, all gods creatures. I was doing some research on my father and was astounded by his body of work. All I remember was he always had a vial on him, collecting creepy crawlies was his thing and he often went on "bug walks" with the dogs in tow. I never went because he was too slow and always shaking or beating a bush or looking under rocks and logs and stuff. I remember the black light and the sheets and him popping out to check what was new during the commercials while he watched "Dallas". Even his bugs could not pull him away for seeing what JR was up to. I wanted to thank you for all the kind words and preserving his life's work that your community has done for him. He rarely talked about his discoveries or findings with us kids, guess we rolled our eyes and looked bored when he did. I am glad he found others like him to share and be excited with and about beetles. I am most excited to see all the specimens he collected have found good homes and can teach future "Bug people".  I would say this, it was never a hobby it was an obsession that bordered on compulsive to the point that beetles were as much a part of him as he was himself. Do what you love and you will never work a day in your life, I know he was not the first to say that but he was the first to say it to me.

Thanks James Stephan 214-280-6344