Folks,

   It happens here in Florida too. Also,  I heard of a case where they attacked gas lines on cars (I think at a dealership). Are the beetles attracted to ethanol gas or just gas?  My suggestion was simply to stop using plastics. Sounds like a creative topic to seek funding: how to prevent scolytines from attacking automotive products.

       Paul

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Paul E. Skelley, Ph.D., C.P.M.

Entomology Section Administrator

Florida State Collection of Arthropods

Division of Plant Industry/Entomology

Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

Desk (352) 395-4678

Fax (352) 395-4614

Receptionist (352) 395-4700

The Doyle Conner Building

1911 SW 34th St

Gainesville, Florida 32608 USA

or

P.O.Box 147100

Gainesville, Florida 32614-7100, USA

www.FreshFromFlorida.com

Please note that Florida has a broad public records law (Chapter 119, Florida Statutes).

Most written communications to or from state employees are public records obtainable

by the public upon request. Emails sent to me at this email address may be considered

public and will only be withheld from disclosure if deemed confidential pursuant to the

laws of the State of Florida.