​​

Many thanks to those that helped. I got the name and date range: Alfredo
Faz (1863-1931)

A google search using "Alfredo Faz (1863-1931)" gave me Dictionary of
Entomology, page 559 as the first result. The entry is: FAZ, ALFREDO
(1863–1931) (Rohlfien 1975, Beitr. Ent. 25: 267.)

I assumed that "Rohlfien 1975, Beitr. Ent. 25: 267." was a citation for an
obituary [turns out it's not], and I wanted to read it.

A google search for that string didn't yield any useful results. A google
search "Beitr. Ent." also didn't give me any clue concerning the full
journal title. So then I went on an adventure.

I did a google search for: "journal abbreviations" and got the following
links in order:

1. Journal Title Abbreviations | Caltech Library
<https://library.caltech.edu/reference/abbreviations/> – NO 2. Journal
Title Abbreviations - Web of Science Help
<https://images.webofknowledge.com/WOK46/help/WOS/A_abrvjt.html> – NO
3. Science
and Engineering Journal Abbreviations ...
<http://woodward.library.ubc.ca/research-help/journal-abbreviations/> – NO 4.
Journal Title Abbreviations <http://www.efm.leeds.ac.uk/~mark/ISIabbr/> – NO 5.
NLM Catalog: Journals referenced in the NCBI Databases
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nlmcatalog/journals> – NO 6. Journal
Abbreviation Resources on the Web
<http://www.library.illinois.edu/biotech/j-abbrev.html> – NO 7. CASSI
Search Tool Usage Agreement <http://cassi.cas.org/> – NO 8. Find journal
abbreviations | Stanford University Libraries
<http://library.stanford.edu/guides/find-journal-abbreviations> Followed
Link to : All That JAS: Journal Abbreviation Sources
<http://www.abbreviations.com/jas.php>   I followed each link and searched
for "Beitr. Ent." and received "No items found." for my trouble. Finally,
#8 Stanford, had a link to "All that JAS" which did have a full journal
title!

Beitr. Ent. = Beiträge zur Entomologie
  Once I had the journal un-abbreviated (which took a good ten minutes) I
found the publication in pdf format in about 2 minutes, despite the fact
that that sub-adventure was all in German.
http://www.senckenberg.de/files/content/sammlungen/muencheberg/kust_diptera/sdei_rohlfien_1975_historie_sdei_diptera_i.pdf
  Why do we still abbreviate journal titles?   Cheers,   Mike