From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mieke Roth
Sent: Friday, 30 October 2015 6:51 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] Flora and Fauna Illustrata project - Minnesota Landscape Arboetum

Actually Gail,

I would very much appreciate it if we, as GNSI, would take a stand in this. Fact that this kind of practice is tolerated is downright crazy, pardon my French. In any other profession it isn’t even an issue but as artists we not only see it coming from (sort of ) potential clients but also from other artists. So we all consider it to be normal. It isn’t. The fact that we accept this makes it also normal for clients.

Somehow someday this circle should be broken.

I have a normal job, a mortgage and a kid, and I shouldn’t have to argue about my price or constantly fight to even get paid.

Mieke

Mieke Roth

Communicates (complex) scientific subjects
in a beautiful, accessible and visible way

Mieke Roth, Msc.

Breehorn 46

8223 CN Lelystad

The Netherlands