I'm ecstatic to hear that next year's conference will be at UCSC. Not just
because I'm an alumni—as an undergraduate and then as a graduate student in
the Science Illustration program (before it moved to Monterey)—but because
I know how astoundingly beautiful that campus is. I have fond memories of
my apartment on campus which had views of the towering redwood forest,
meadows with oak trees, and (on a clear day) the ocean. The are numerous
walking paths through the redwood forest. If you're lucky enough to be
there on a rainy/foggy day you might just spot a banana slug.

I can't wait! Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help. It's
been 10 years but I am somewhat familiar with the area :)

Cheers,

Fiona

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 1:16 PM, Patricia Savage <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Yeah! I know you guys are thrilled and relieved to have that in place.
> Thank-you for all the work you do!
>
> Patricia Savage
> Mayapple Studio
> www.psavageart.com
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> > On Nov 2, 2015, at 11:58 AM, Lauren Bassing <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >
> > Britt, do you mean University of California Santa Cruz (in Santa Cruz),
> or California State University Monterey Bay (in Marina/Seaside)?
> >
> > Lauren
> >

> >> On Nov 2, 2015, at 11:40 AM, Britt Griswold <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Dear GNSI Listservers,
> >>
> >> The Guild has been doing an extensive search and negotiations (via the
> wonderful member Robin Carlson) with several location in California. We
> are  preparing to sign contracts with USC Santa Cruz, assuming nothing goes
> sideways.  So make your plans for a Cali Convention July 3-9, 2015 near
> Monterey Bay. Location is about 1.5 hrs from the San Francisco airport or
> 45min from the San Jose airport.
> >>
> >> More details very soon on giving presentations and planned events.
> >>
> >> Britt
> >>

> >> Need to leave or subscribe to the Sciart-L listserv? Follow the
> instructions at
> >> http://www.gnsi.org/resources/reviews/gnsi-sciart-l-listserv
> >
> > Need to leave or subscribe to the Sciart-L listserv? Follow the
> instructions at
> > http://www.gnsi.org/resources/reviews/gnsi-sciart-l-listserv

> instructions at

Fiona Renée Martin