I'm ecstatic to hear that next year's conference will be at UCSC. Not just because I'm an alumni—as an undergraduate and then as a graduate student in the Science Illustration program (before it moved to Monterey)—but because I know how astoundingly beautiful that campus is. I have fond memories of my apartment on campus which had views of the towering redwood forest, meadows with oak trees, and (on a clear day) the ocean. The are numerous walking paths through the redwood forest. If you're lucky enough to be there on a rainy/foggy day you might just spot a banana slug.

I can't wait! Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help. It's been 10 years but I am somewhat familiar with the area :)

Cheers,

Fiona